Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thank You, Rodney Harrison

I'm posting this later than I intended, but wish I wasn't posting this at all. As all Pats fans know by now, Rodney Harrison tore a quadriceps muscle last Monday night in the win over Denver. He is out for the season, and I hate to say it, probably for his career. I really hope I'm wrong about that, but if I'm not I want to say this:

Thank You. For being the ultimate badass for six great years with the Pats, with one bad mistake that led to a suspension. The Wikipedia summary of his Patriots career is really good so I'll use it. You wanted someone to give an opposing receiver a good pop, Rodney was your man. Later in his career, to play half safety, half linebacker, Rodney was your man. Big plays, leadership, fire? That's Rodney. His team play, dedication, and ferocious hitting will always be remembered fondly by us who follow the Pats.

Post your favorite memories of Rodney Harrison's time with the Pats. Hopefully there will be more memories. But if not, you've had a hell of a run, 37.

No comments: